Friday, July 29, 2011

PINE KNOB COUNTY PARK

For weeks we have been driving past this sign at the entrance of a near b y county park. Last week I purposely slowed myself down and drove in. Why on earth was I rushing past each time. I have all the time in the world to slow down and enjoy what is here.
I found what I thought was an absolute treasure: a 3D archery range with 26 targets on an almost 2 mile course. Half of it is wheel chair accessable. It has raised platforms so that one can shoot from an elevated place. It has a fishing lake, a concrete boat launch, a lodge, a bull's eye target field....and on and on. Chris and I have taken both trails and find it absolutely a boat load of fun! Chris plans on bringing the little boat and puting it in this lake and try the fishing there. It's only about 20 feet deep.
I have not put these pictures in any special order. I will not bore you with a constant narative. Just enjoy a bit of what we experienced.


A bear target....look close....


I seldom see cat tails any more.....and here they are...


anotheer target.








Tommy was "hunting" the entire way.










Peek-a-boo, I see you....



That's the shirt I tye-died a couple of weeks ago. I have NOT missed my artistic calling....





Now....if only you could smell this.....



The pictures do not do justice to this county park that was donated to LaGrange County. They are making many improvements with grant money. That sounds like your and my tax money at work....or is that a "shovel-ready" project. Whatever it is....it's awesome.



So, until we "connect" again...

No comments:

Post a Comment