Monday, September 26, 2011

SEPTEMBER 25: FALL IS BREAKING OUT ALL OVER!

Yesterday we had an awesome day picking apples with our two daughters, the grandkids and their hubbies. What a wonderful day. We started out early to get to Chicago before it was time to leave for the orchard. We donned rain gear since it was raining and seemed as if it would all day. But look at the blue sky that broke through. It was awesome. There were MANY, MANY people there and we had to wait a reeeeeeeealy long time in line to be able to get on the wagons to the orchard.





The orchard.....or PART of it. They had lots of trees.


Many of the trees had their low apples already picked, so Chris had to really reach for some of my favorite Gala apples.

Kennedy was very buddy, buddy with her big cousin, Dawson....note the hanging on to him.

Isn't this an awesome picture of a branch LOADED with apples? Of course, all the "shorties" hadn't gotten to them yet.

Poor Julio....he gimped along with us. This place had no provisions for the handicapped. Not good. He's stuck on these crutches for at least another month since he had achilles tendon surgery. Won't tell you how it ripped....

While our small mob was in line for a LONG time, I had Kennedy stand in front of this tree painted on the wall. Look at that goofy look on her face. The little girl who LOVES to have her picture taken, has this look on her face like: "I have no idea why they had me stand here...."


I think Madison had the biggest apple of the day. At this orchard we are allowed to eat all the apples we wanted while we were picking. I had one Gala and one Fuji....then I was saving room for the cider and donuts :)

Reagan didn't make it home awake....it was a long day for the little guys.
Kennedy crasked first.
The picture was blurred....so I just did it more :)

This past week end was a Halloween type week end with kids trick-or treating, and decorating campsites.....and a spook house

Since the spook house was dark I couldn't take pictures. I gave this "spook" a flashlight to shine up on his face. It worked. But, I guarantee that he was not smiling when he jumped out at me from the woods. He's one of the guys that works here....he doesn't look scarey here, though.

We're going to be leaving Twin Mills soon. But I'll keep you up on it. Have a wonderful week until we "connect" again.....

No comments:

Post a Comment